How to Use Your Phone as a Webcam
The ability to use your phone as a webcam is something that everyone has at some point thought about, with that in mind I will be sharing with you the steps which you should follow if you are looking at using your phone as a webcam. N/B: For iPhone (iOS) Before embarking on the steps lets familiarize ourselves with the available apps on App Store that one can use and those are EpoCam and PocketCam.
We begin with PocketCam, a high quality app which has one disadvantage and that is the fact that it’s too complicated especially when it comes to setting it up. In addition to that you will be limited to black-and-white video with no audio if you are using a free version. EpoCam is way easier as compared to PocketCam and its free version (with ads) allows you t have color and audio thus we would recommend you take it up. This is how to do that:
1. Ensure that your iPhone and your computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Next go to App Store and download the EpoCam app on your iOS device and Mac machine or even Windows.
3. Once you finish installing EpoCam you will be prompted to install other drivers so when this happens click Install anyway in all cases. The drivers you will be installing are audio and video drivers that will allow the app act as a webcam.
4. Now start the EpoCam app on your computer as well as your iPhone.
5. The app will automatically search for other devices which are running EpoCam on the same Wi-Fi network. Soon, the video which will be showing on your iPhone will automatically show up on your computer’s screen.